Guy Hunter Watts Guided Walks
His aim on any walk is to offer you a uniquely beautiful full or half day excursion and share with you his passion for Andalucia and his adopted country. Whilst we’re walking Guy will tell you about local folklore, medicinal and edible plants, the region’s history, geology and agriculture as well as pointing out birds, mammals and insects.
Best of all, he will lead you along some of the most beautiful mountain trails in southern Europe.
For more information on Guy’s Guided Walks click here.
You can also buy Guy’s walking guides from Books4Spain:
Walking in Andalucia
This is the essential companion for anyone wanting to discover southern Spain’s most pleasurable walks. “Walking in Andalucia” has been highly recommended by many major publications, including “The Sunday Times” and “The Observer”. “Walking in Andalucia” has become the trusted travelling companion for anyone wanting to discover the most beautiful walks that southern Spain has to offer. For this newly revised sixth edition, every route has been re-walked and re-mapped and all key information has been updated. Each of the routes – all of which start in one of southern Spain’s five stunning national parks – feature information on estimated times, distances, and difficulty. Also included in this title are detailed overviews of each park, including lists of the best places to eat and stay, plus practical advice on what to pack and where to buy essential items.
Coastal Walks in Andalucia
Just a short distance back from the beaches of the Costa del Sol and the Costa de la Luz the mountains and gorges of the mighty Subbetica offer some of the finest walking in southern Europe and this guide incorporates the very best hiking trails and complements the inland walks presented in Walking in Andalucía.
Key features include:
- 43 routes in seven beautiful Natural Parks and protected areas close to Vejer, Tarifa, Bolonia, Gibraltar, Estepona, Marbella, Mijas, Nerja and Maro.
- Clear and detailed route notes with times, distances, height gain, water points and gradings.
- Spanish Geographical Institute maps & GPS references with GPX files available for direct upload to handheld devices and updates to routes via Facebook / Walking in Andalucía.
- Full and half-day walks, the majority with circular routes to avoid concern about the need for transport.
- Listings for the best places to stay in each of the seven regions.
- Andalucían bird and flower check-lists compiled by two of southern Spain’s leading naturalists