11 reasons to buy books about Spain from Books4Spain
If you are interested in Spain and in buying books about Spain, then don’t go to Amazon. Instead, go to Books4Spain because:
- Books4Spain specializes in books and eBooks in English about, or set in,Spain.
- Our books are carefully selected and manually catalogued. Manual cataloguing ensures your search results are highly relevant to your search term.
- We provide comprehensive information about each book via pop ups when you hover over the title, jacket image etc. to minimize the number of clicks you have to make to find out more about a particular book and to make your buying decision easier.
- The Books4Spain website has been designed to make navigation easy and to present books in a number of different ways, e.g. Special Offers, Recommended, Popular etc. with one click of the mouse.
- We work with a number of publishers to bring you Amazon-busting Special Offers, many with FREE shipping. Overall our prices are competitive with those of Amazon.
- We have a team of independent reviewers, all of whom are hispanophiles and many of whom are experts in a particular topic, be it Spanish food, flamenco, the Camino de Santiago etc. Most have blogs and/or write regularly for publications and websites related to Spain.
- We offer exclusive interviews with authors, from best sellers such as Jason Webster, Jimmy Burns, John Carlin and John Hooper to new and up and coming authors such as Mark Oldfield (The Sentinel) and Toni Hill (Summer of Dead Toys).
- We have developed Spanish Themes for books about specific subjects such as Flamenco, Spanish Civil War and Camino de Santiago. Books in these Spanish Themes are further categorised into books about People, Places and Objects related to that Theme.
- We list many books and maps which are not widely available.
- We have a wide variety of unique content related to Spanish history and culture, for example Underlying Causes of the Spanish Civil War, a Potted History of Catalonia and Unusual Spanish Fiestas and Romerias in September.
- AND finally – we do not practice tax avoidance strategies!
Ultimately, our objective is to stimulate your interest in Spain by providing an easy to use, information rich, friendly environment. We do use technology to make books quicker and easier to find and to display them in an attractive way but it is not designed to be the primary factor in your experience. In addition, although we are small customer service is in our DNA and we will do as much as humanly possible to ensure you get the book you want.
In short, Amazon is not a specialist and does not provide book lovers with value added information about books about Spain, their context and their authors. Shopping on Amazon is an efficient but soulless experience – great if you know what you want but hardly a browsers’ paradise or a stimulating or educational experience.
We accept that Amazon provides a valuable service but shopping on Amazon is an efficient but soulless experience – great if you know what you want but hardly a browsers’ paradise or a stimulating or educational experience. They have also been accused by the Department of Justice in the US no less of predatory pricing – something which may, in on the surface benefit certain consumer but which ultimately will enable them to further dominate the book publishing and retailing industries, alter its dynamic, probably to the longer term detriment of authors, publishers and equally importantly consumers.